.270 Win Factory Ammunition OAL

Oddbod

I'd appreciate a bit of help regarding the OAL of .270 Win factory ammunition.
SAAMI spec is 3.340" max & I want to know how various factory rounds compare with that.
Make, bullet weight, bullet type & OAL would be appreciated.
If anyone has a Hornady OAL gauge, I'd appreciate the measurements as both OAL & using the gauge with appropriate insert too.

Thanks in advance.

I'd appreciate a bit of help regarding the OAL of .270 Win factory ammunition.
SAAMI spec is 3.340" max & I want to know how various factory rounds compare with that.
Make, bullet weight, bullet type & OAL would be appreciated.
If anyone has a Hornady OAL gauge, I'd appreciate the measurements as both OAL & using the gauge with appropriate insert too.

Thanks in advance.

Most if not all will be at SAAMI 3.34" COAL. Inserts? Are you asking for COAL or CBTO? What do you hope to accomplish?

Last edited:
Both COAL & CBTO with the latter using the Hornady gauge.
I'm about to start loading for a new rifle & It has a short throat. This wouldn't bother me were I only ever doing to use my own handloads but it's going back if most factory ammunition wont chamber without pushing the bullet back.

Both COAL & CBTO with the latter using the Hornady gauge.
I'm about to start loading for a new rifle & It has a short throat. This wouldn't bother me were I only ever doing to use my own handloads but it's going back if most factory ammunition wont chamber without pushing the bullet back.

Get the rifle fixed.

The only factory 270 Win ammo I have is
130 gr Win PP OAL-3.301--- Hornady comparator with .277 insert 2.760
150 Win PP OAL 3.267----- Hornady comparator---2.736
Hope this helps.

Anyone else able to help?

So far, none of the measurements I've been given have come within 0.010" of concerning me.

TIA

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.