.270 win, 140 VLD, and Hornady 130 Interlock.

7stw

I started a thread recently on a 270 that I acquired and found some great load info here, and from most particularly, Derek M. I have had ti modify the loads as the barrel is fairly short on this rifle. ( 22 inches, including the BOSS). so I felt safe to stick with the RL19 and up the charges until I begin to see pressure. I did a mini ladder test with 140 VLD's and increased to 57.3 rl19- 140vld @ 3.348 coal. I did not have my chrono today, due to weather, but the seemed fast. I had a " node " at 57.0. Will revisit that load with chrono. Additionally, I tried some 130 Interlocks . I could not find the bullets that I wanted, so I got these just to try. Well, they shot very well. That load was with
57 grains of rl 19 as well. Three groups of three went into the .3's. I have tried to get the TTSX's to shoot, but this gun just does not favor them. With all the talk that is emerging now on the .270's, I am just enjoying this caliber once again. And now that there are FINALLY some good bullets coming out, this number should get HOT again. man this thing is fun. I may just have to build one!

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL :) gun) 7STW.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.