.264 Win powder

I don't shoot them that light out of mine but I would think H4831SC, or if you want to go fast RL19, or IMR7828.

Probably should wait for advice from someone who shoots those though.

Good luck!

I loaded 120 noslers for a short barreled 264 (21 or 20") with rl19 back around 1989-90. That would work but I'd think you could do better with today's offerings

I gathered quite a bit of info on this subject, while I got together my parts for a .264 build. The consensus was Retumbo for 140 gr. and 150 gr. pills.
After good luck with N-570 with my 6.5 Sherman, I would throw it in for the .264 wm.

I have seen them post in several threads on the forum. I would suggest sending Steve a message here. Maybe they have worked on that combination a bit.
He goes by
RockyMtnMT
Just a thought. Have fun with that rig.

Last edited:
Thanks I like that idea.
In fact, once you get an answer as to where to start I would appreciate it if you would consider privately messaging me what you figure out. I have been thinking about running that bullet from one of my herd of 264WIN rifles for 600 and in white tail deer. I would think 3,250 - 3,300 could be safely reached with a 26" barrel...

So you guys kill me. You can only burn so much power per in in a 6.5 barrel. Then you get over bore and smoke a barrel. Ya N570 max it most velocity or rl 26, rl 33 run it top powders

In fact, once you get an answer as to where to start I would appreciate it if you would consider privately messaging me what you figure out. I have been thinking about running that bullet from one of my herd of 264WIN rifles for 600 and in white tail deer. I would think 3,250 - 3,300 could be safely reached with a 26" barrel...
On a 124 you should get more than that with the proper set up. I am sending hbn coated 147's at 3240 fps out of a 26" using retumbo.

On a 124 you should get more than that with the proper set up. I am sending hbn coated 147's at 3240 fps out of a 26" using retumbo.
I've never messsd with coatings, I might have to take a look at that. I've ran both the 140 hybrid and the 143 ELDX to just shy of 3,300 but never found anything accurate above 3,170 in any of my 264 win rifles

I've never messsd with coatings, I might have to take a look at that. I've ran both the 140 hybrid and the 143 ELDX to just shy of 3,300 but never found anything accurate above 3,170 in any of my 264 win rifles
Ya, 3240 was the highest node with best accuracy. Groups opened up to about MOA until it pressured out around 3270-3300.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.