264. Winchester Powder?

CrowsFoot

Would like to hear what powder you guys are running for this round? I almost wouldn't mind knowing what I'm looking at shooting my 140 gr bergers with 1:9 twist rate vs. 130's if someone has had the experience with the lighter rounds. Heading for elk in couple weeks.

Would like to hear what powder you guys are running for this round? I almost wouldn't mind knowing what I'm looking at shooting my 140 gr bergers with 1:9 twist rate vs. 130's if someone has had the experience with the lighter rounds. Heading for elk in couple weeks.
I've had my best results with RE25 with both weights you mention. H1000 has also been kind to me, although i have never used Bergers, I still think those 2 powders would work quite well.

Cheers.
gun)

I am shooting 130 Nosler Accubonds with 66.5 grs Retumbo, CCI 250 primer, WW case reformed from 7mm Rem Mag. Out of my 27 3/4" Shilen 9 twist barrel I get average 3350 fps. with super accuracy. I have only shot deer with it but from what I have seen I would not hesitate to pop any elk with it.
Your 9 twist may not like those long 140 VLDs.

thanks Magnum, just curious what type are using in your 264. I only ask because Im a bit worried about having to jump these Bergers in order to function in my magazine properly so would like to know some backup options.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.