264 WIN MAG

The past few days i have taken and interest in picking up a Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 30-06. The blued version seems to be out of stock everywhere i have looked. But while looking i have found and abundance of 264 win mags. Is this cartridge making a come back?
It never left, but the renewed interest is due to the availability of heavier higher BC bullets and a faster barrel twist rate. I have a .264 WM 26" with 1:7" primarily built to propel the 156 Berger.

I have the Win Model 70 EW in 264WM, a custom Rem 700 Sendero based blueprinted 1:8" twist 264WM and a custom Rem 700 F-class rifles in 264WM.
To say I like the cartridge is an understatement.
The Win has a 9" twist, and will stabilise 140g class bullets like the 142g ABLR, 140g Berger and Sierra, but anything heavier will be marginal. Both of the other 2 have 8" twists and handle the 156g without issue.
Not only is this cartridge fast, it is very accurate in a button rifled barrel, most factory stainless barrels are button rifled, if you get them lead slug lapped, you will have a shooter.

Cheers.

The past few days i have taken and interest in picking up a Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 30-06. The blued version seems to be out of stock everywhere i have looked. But while looking i have found and abundance of 264 win mags. Is this cartridge making a come back?
I think it is, most of the 6.5mm interest came after cartridges like the .264 Win, 6.5 Rem, 6.5x55 Swede, and 6.5-06 who at the time didn't have the powers or bullets that they really needed to perform... nowadays it's all about reinventing the wheel. There are some accuracy-grains in the newer 6.5mm on the target range, but... for hunting, the older 6.5mm's, still stand tall and do things better today. Jump on the .264 Win Mag I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good Luck.

Great. Caliber. In a. Great. Rifle ! In. 1979 I I was. Deciding. Between that. Rifle in. That. Caliber vs the. Weatherby mark V in 270. Weatherby. Mag ! I. Chose the. Weatherby , because I was sold on the. Mark V. Action and a. Rifle. With a 26 inch. Barrell. In the. Hot 270. Weatherby. Mag caliber ! In. 1979 That was a. Big. Deal ! I. Would have been. Just as. Happy with the. Sizzling. Fast 264 win Mag!

The 264 WM isn't a powder eater. Work with the loads and grain additional velocity from it. It's a belted Mag. so you to watch for case stretch. Use a bushing die and limit the bumping to .002 should help a lot. You can get top end cases and resize them to 264 WM cases.

Bought a Model 70 EW in 264 Win, because I've wanted one for many many years - even when they weren't popular. It had been sitting at Sportsman's for 2.5 years, so the clearance tag was all I needed to take it home. It is one of the Portugal ones. Had my local smith re-bed it ( I do that with everything I buy, unless it's custom made) and broke it in slowly with 2 boxes of Core Lokt ammo. Topped it with a Nightforce 5.5-22. Nosler factory ammo shoots .7 moa. Got some Hammer 121's ( thanks for the tips, Steve!) and some Norma brass. After working up a load, shooting .5 moa right at 3300 fps with no pressure signs. There's still room, but based on accuracy, I stopped there. I was prepared to swap barrels, but this shoots so well… I'm loving this rifle and caliber, perfect for hunting, very manageable recoil with no brake. Perfect for antelope/deer and a great long distance hunter. In my opinion, thus will do everything the Creedmore does…only bettter. If you're considering, get one. You won't be disappointed.

Reinvigorate....is that like Rejuvenate? 🤣
Sort of? Pick the word that makes YOU happy. Reinvigorate best fits what I was trying to say...

Definition of reinvigorate

transitive verb
: to give new or renewed strength or energy to (something or someone)

Definition of rejuvenate

transitive verb
1a: to make young or youthful again : give new vigor to