• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .260 Rogue improved for sale

308 nate

I have for sale my personal .260 Rogue improved, which is a .260 Rem. with a 37 degree shoulder. Here are the specs on the rifle.

Savage model 16 receiver completly blueprinted
bolt helical fluted and oversize bolt handle
rifle basix trigger set to 8 oz.
Ken Farrel 20 min base bedded to receiver for stress free fit
Sharp shooter recoil lug
28" Broughton 5C 1 in 8 twist barrel with helical flutes
11 degree crown.
This barrel is set up to use match rifle sights, but there is also a thread cap on the muzzle end which matches muzzle contour(you can see in pixs)
McMillan A-5 stock epoxy and pillar bedded to receiver
intregal thumb wheel cheek piece and accessory rail
The colors are 60 tan, 20 black and 20 O.D green
The barreld action is teflon coated with a satin black finish.
I have 700 rounds through this barrel and it is shooting extremely well!
The target in the picture below was at 600 yds. The X ring is 3" the 10 ring is 6" all 20 shots are in 6" with 14 in the x ring. This group was shot prone off the bipod. The pictures of the steel target are also at 600 yds. There is 4 shots, although it looks like 6. The two really shiney indents were just splashed out as the paint was still wet. the other 4 impacts left no cratering but you can see the little grey dots. This steel plate is made out of AR400.
I am selling this rifle as I am currently investing in new equipment for my shop and have a couple other personal rifle projects going. This rifle shoots as good as any I have built. I will also include the dies that I use and load info.
I am asking $1500 for the rifle - (not including the scope,bi-pod and hand stop and the block or the front sight)
To clarify things, the black thread cap that matches barrel contour for the muzzle end and the stainless thread cap with the level are included in the price. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

308nate

2603.jpg

2606.jpg

2604.jpg

2601-1.jpg

2605.jpg

2607.jpg

Last edited:
What can I say? I had forgotten about that.
Here's what happened.
When I write the program I always have the reamer print copy right beside me to copy off and "make sure I get the spelling right" I learned my lesson.
I guess I can only blame myself. But from the picture below you can see what happened. I will be correcting the problem as my engraving is only .003 deep.

308nate

oops.jpg

Thats a fine piece of work their Nate , I realy like the engraving through the paint makes for that true "custom" look.

Hey its your caliber you can spell it how ever you want right ??

$1500 for a ready to go no wait custom gun thats ready for the 1000yd shots is a heck of a deal for sombody wanting to get into the LR game cheap !!!

Nathan, It's Tim Beasley here in Texas, the .308is still shootin fine, BTW did you loose your mind, selling the .260 Rouge, ur grazy!!!

Me wante the rifle bad, give me a shout, have questions about fireforming, neck turning, etc....

Give me a shout 979-739-6565
thanks
t.beasley

Misspelled Rogue on the barrel....

That just makes the gun more valuable. It truly is one of a kind!

Very nice looking rifle Nate. This is one of the downsides of being up here in Canada. I can only look at these great looking guns for sale