260 remington

ol mike

I guess remington dropped the 260 rem ,when ?

I've been contemplating getting a 260 but i guess the 7-08 buried the little 260 oh well.

WHAT THE Heck!! That is just too bad, I want to have one built and one of the best things was the fact that it was going to be a propriatary cartidge. Now are more manufactures going to stop making ammo for it??? Well, if that's the case, maybe I should just have a mystic built! Not a big fan of some of the decisions that Rem has made in the past -- the whole SAUM thing after Win made them, getting rid of the 260, ok, I guess just those two thing come to mind now.

Rem is notorius for this kind of crap. They dropped the 788, 660, 3200, 7STW, et al. The .260 should be just as popular as the 6.5X47 that everyone's all atwitter about...yeah, I know, the Lapua brass, the small primer; but even so, the .260 could still compete as a reasonably-priced, factory available rifle/cartridge.

It is unfortunate, I have built several and the 260 is my prefered competition rifle for most precision rifle matches. I doubt you will see the ammo fall off as some other manufactures have and are chambering in 260 Rem. DPMS for one is making AR version 260's. Even if brass did dry up necking down or up any number of cartridges will easly make brass for you.

I just built one and it is turning out to be really cool. So far I've gotten it broken in and have done some pressure testing. Have reached 2900 fps with the 140 AMAX (stuck in the lands pretty far) with no pressure in a 26 inch barrel.

Shooting pretty good so far too.

The ladder test was starting to tighten up nicely and I ran out of loaded rounds. Will start the ladder over at a bit higher loads.

No recoil at all and a great selection of bullets. Have some 140 Bergers to try also.

I just saw a new for 2008 rifle in one of my wholesalers catalogs.
Rem 700 with a stainless fluted barrel, with a black coating. Can't remember all the specifics.

Anyway there still making them.

they still do the Model Seven CDL in .260

That's all I can find though.

I am very unhappy with remington lately, they seem to be discontinuing all of their good rifles and making more and more cheap SPS models.

Remington .260 availability

HeyGuys, Remington hasn't forgotten about the .260

Click on the following link......Model 700™ CDL™ SF Limited Edition

I bought one a couple of months ago, fit and finish is better than I expected, the mark-X trigger is adequate, the stock isn't.

I dropped the barreled action into a B&C stock and now the rifle shoots consistantly under MOA, however I'm still working on load
development. gun)

I just saw a new for 2008 rifle in one of my wholesalers catalogs.
Rem 700 with a stainless fluted barrel, with a black coating. Can't remember all the specifics.

Anyway there still making them.

I'd sure like to know what this one is.... Any more info?

I've seen that one, but it doesn't have "black coating"... I was thinking it might be an LTR or XCR in .260

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.