260 loads?

Throw the nosler and federal brass in the trash, it is soft. Get some Lapua 243 and neck up or 7/08 brass and neck down(not the best option as it often leades to neck turning). Palma 308 brass is hard to kill, will take the upper end accuracy nodes in spades...neck turning is part of this plan.

Why mess with all that resizing and neck turning when you can buy Lapua .260 brass off the shelf?
My hunting load was
130 VLD Hunting
43.5 H4350
Lapua .260 brass
Tula LRM primer

Usually was between 2850-2900 and killed animals handily.

You had good luck with the Tula primers? I bought 5000 Tula small rifle primers a few years ago when you couldn't get primers, but gave 2000 to a friend and loaded some of the others to shoot through a Mini-14. Never tried them in an accurate rifle because I was able to get CCI and Winchester primers again by the time I needed them and just assumed the cheap Russian ones would be inferior. Never had a misfire with one though, so functionally they were fine which was all I was concerned about in the fairly inaccurate gun I was using them in.

Should be going to town Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll be looking for some Accubonds if anybody has them, otherwise I'll see what other bullets people suggested are on the shelf.

Nosler Custom Competition 123 gr. with 42 gr H4350 shoot just over 1/2 MOA I found out today, so the rifle will shoot if I can find a hunting bullet it likes. Picked up 250 of those when I picked up the other bullets for something like $35, figure they'll make good ground squirrel and practice loads.

Well I decided to try one more load with the Scirrocos before giving up. 41.5gr H4350 loaded out to an OAL of 2.82. Not only was it a .8 group but it was centered on the bull like every other bullet through this gun instead of being 3 inches high like all the Scirrocos loaded to 2.80 OAL.

I'll have to load a few more up and see if I can reproduce that, but I'm certainly more happy with a hunting load that shoots to the same point of aim as anything else I might feed the rifle for cheap practice or plinking ground squirrels.

Might try and tinker with it a bit more, but if I can't get better that is plenty good for what the rifle is going to be used for and about what I would expect out of a cheap factory Savage.

Big 260 guy since 1993 when it was wildcat 6.5-08. Have loaded just about every kind of bullet out there. Been using 130 Accubond or 130 Berger Hunting, for all my hunting needs in So Texas, till last month. Loaded up Sierra 130 Game Changer tipped bullet in front of 43.5 IMR 4350 and 46gr H4350. Both shot sub1/2" out of 5 different weapons with velocities 2830-2950 depending on barrel length. Evan 6.5 Grendel loves them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.