260 Hunting Loads???

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by muleythumper, Oct 20, 2012.

1. muleythumper

muleythumper Well-Known Member

I have settled on the 260 Rem. for my new rifle. Probably going with the Savage LRH. Does anybody have a factory load recomendation, as I am not a hand loader. Your advice would be appreciated. Oh, I am going to be using it primarily as a whitetail/muley rifle, with the possibility for an elk at some point. Thanks.

2. Shortmagman

Shortmagman Well-Known Member

I hand load for two different 260 Rifles that are used to take deer. I am loading two different bullets to do that job, one is the 130 Nosler Accubond, and the other is 120 Barnes TTSX. The Accubond did a great job on deer last year at just under 200 yards, so if I were looking for a factory load that would do a good job on whitetails an even an elk I would look for a factory load using those bullets. Look on the Midway web site and you will find that Nosler loads that bullet in their Custom ammo.

I also like the Barnes TTSX bullet that I have loaded to take on this years hunt. Midway sells that 120 TTSX bullet loaded by CorBon. By the way they offer other good ammo made for the 260 Rem.. I just happen to like these two bullets.