26 nosler double tap ammo

Trm82

Has anybody ever shot this ammo and chronied it ? I would like to know it if is close to there claims of 3600 fps with the 129 ablr and the 127 lrx. That seems a little unrealistic to me.

I asked the same question on here a week ago. No answers. I doubt that the speed claims are real, or if they are they are from a much longer barrel than my 26".

I asked the same question on here a week ago. No answers. I doubt that the speed claims are real, or if they are they are from a much longer barrel than my 26".

I checked there ballistic info and it says they were shot in a nosler patriot. They must use some new powder not available to the public.

My buddy gets velocities like that using Reloder 26, it is ridiculous, so much so that he doesn't like to say in public because people think he's BS-ing.
I have pushed CEB 130's 3270 with no pressure in a 6.5x284 and Berger 105's past 3400 in a straight .243 Win
It is a different type of powder altogether. Everyone think their chono is broken.

I don't have a real 26-Nosler. Mine are all variants.

It seems fast but plausible.

Yes, they could have some "super powder" like Superformance.

I'm not a fan of Double Tap ammo for a couple reasons. One being I ordered several different boxes that showed in Stock, they billed me, showed as backorder, then shipped one box charging $27 shipping for one box, no option to back out.
But in the interest of common good I will chip in $10 if you want to buy some and give a range report if you have a MS or Labradar.

I have run us869, 50bmg, rl33, rl50, imr 7977 with 142lrab, , 140 vld, 140ab, 129lrab, 120ttsx. And a couple powders with the chinchaga 160rbt. I found a good load with rl33 and the 127lrx, but haven't chronied the 127lrx yet. I am lucky to get to 3400 with the 120's without a seriously hard bolt lift. I can get just over 3300 with the 140ab and us869 and get 5 reloads out of the brass. 3600 seems like a tough number to hit.
Seems like a stretch to go from a 129gr at 3400ish from nosler factory loads to get to 3600 with a 127. But maybe.

My 26 Nosler is chronoing 3512 fps with 127 LRXs......only problem is the neck splits on about every 4th or 5th round! Accuracy is around 1".....I've been a Big DT fan for many years but these just aren't working in my rifle.

My buddy gets velocities like that using Reloder 26, it is ridiculous, so much so that he doesn't like to say in public because people think he's BS-ing.
I have pushed CEB 130's 3270 with no pressure in a 6.5x284 and Berger 105's past 3400 in a straight .243 Win
It is a different type of powder altogether. Everyone think their chono is broken.
Reloader 26 is proving to be a really fast powder in pretty much every caliber for which there is load data. 100-150fps increases over other loads are common with a long string of calibers.

To clarify......every 4th or 5th round out of the box is splitting neck......factory ammo, no reloading!
Stop shooting it and call them. I had a problem with some 7mm STW ammo from them a couple of years ago and they were happy to replace it.

Good folks to do business with.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.