257stw

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by bob217, Jun 27, 2006.

1. bob217

bob217 New Member

hello all,i am new to this site and have very much enjoyed and appreciated all the great info!! my ? is for bjlooper and the rifle he was having built by kevin weaver.i was curious if you recieved it yet and your opinion of it and it`s accuracy!! thanks in advance!!

2. bjlooper

bjlooper Well-Known Member

slowbob
    My brother picked up the first of two we're having built. The accuracy is good a little under .5 MOA and we are hoping that it will improve after we get 100-150 rounds through her. We'er getting around 4000 fps with a Barns 100gr TSX. the barrel is a Pacnor #3 fluted, 27" 3 grove chrome molly. The rifle weighs a little under 8lbs.

We are very pleased with her,to get this kind of accuracy out of a 8lb rifle with this round and velocity is verey good.
    I have a second one ordered which will have a 28" ABS 5R barrel. I think the second rifle will be intresting the ABS barrel It will weigh just over 2lbs but be as stif as a #6.
    DR B

3. bob217

bob217 New Member

thanks for the info dr.b.i had kevin build me a 270-300 win mag last year.it is built on a benchrest trued remington with a #3 broughton,sleeved bolt,pillar bedded in a bansner high tech stock.this rifle shot 5 different loads including 130 gr tsx between 1/4 and 1/2 moa at 100 yds.needless to say i was very happy with kevin`s work.

4. bjlooper

bjlooper Well-Known Member

slowbob
    Very good looking rifle. Kevin and I have talked about your 270-300 several times, I want one just like it. I love 270 cal rifles, and yours is as slick as they come.
    What kind of velocity are you getig with the 130gr TSX?
    Dr B

5. bob217

bob217 New Member

dr b.
    i have not purchased the equipment yet for checking velocities,i also have not loaded to maximum loads yet.i`m sure the velocities will be smokin fast!! i will post info as i get more and keep you up to date.