257 stw project home at last

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by oldfamily, Jul 6, 2006.

1. oldfamily

oldfamily Well-Known Member

picked up my stw yesterday, got home and found the rings for it were not tapped so I had to rob from my next project until I get my replacement rings and bases. Rifle is a Rem 700 trued action, shilen select match #5 contour 1-10 twist at 28.75 in. Boyd's stock pillar, glass bedded, Tubb ss oversize recoil lug, rem trigger set at 2 lbs. Scope for the rifle is a Burris fullfield II 4.5x 14.
    Fired her off yesterday love the boom smack sound when she goes off. Rifle don't recoil no more than a 22-250. Hope to have some results this weekend on just how well she shoots. [​IMG]

2. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Nice looking rig, I bet she will be a hell of a shooter for you!!! Keep us posted, what bullets are you planning on trying first?

Kirby Allen(50)

3. oldfamily

Kirby will be shooting 100 bt for right now, I am waiting on some 100 and 125's from Richard. I have the 130's now just don't want to waste them with barrel break in and all. I have plenty of bullets to mess with just have to have time and weather that is not around 98 degrees and humid as all get out.

4. oldfamily