257 stw project home at last

oldfamily

picked up my stw yesterday, got home and found the rings for it were not tapped so I had to rob from my next project until I get my replacement rings and bases. Rifle is a Rem 700 trued action, shilen select match #5 contour 1-10 twist at 28.75 in. Boyd's stock pillar, glass bedded, Tubb ss oversize recoil lug, rem trigger set at 2 lbs. Scope for the rifle is a Burris fullfield II 4.5x 14.
Fired her off yesterday love the boom smack sound when she goes off. Rifle don't recoil no more than a 22-250. Hope to have some results this weekend on just how well she shoots.

Nice looking rig, I bet she will be a hell of a shooter for you!!! Keep us posted, what bullets are you planning on trying first?

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby will be shooting 100 bt for right now, I am waiting on some 100 and 125's from Richard. I have the 130's now just don't want to waste them with barrel break in and all. I have plenty of bullets to mess with just have to have time and weather that is not around 98 degrees and humid as all get out.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.