250 accubond load fo 338 Edge

I tried these four with the 250 AB and all were accurate. H-1000, Reloader 25, 7828 and magpro. I just quit working with the 250 and went with the 225 because the BC/velocity ratio was much better. If you need some 300 matchkings I just got in a thousand a couple months ago. I would sell some of those if anyone needs some. They are bulk packaged in one box. I would have to count them out. You can have them at my dealer price and pay the shipping.

do u have any of the 300 smk left

Did a little testing with the 250AB and H1000. The barrel is 28", Chrony is a CED M2 (6' ahead of muzzle).

I loaded them very long (right at lands), shot 3 then seated the next three .010" shorter with my hand press etc.

Average for 99gr of H1000 was 3125fps with sub moa accuracy.
Average for 100gr of H1000 was 3170fps with sub moa accuracy.

I had several 1/2moa groups, but I was really just velocity testing and won't really hang my hat on any of the loads. I reshot some 300SMK's with 92gr and averaged 2770fps and incredible accuracy sub 1/2moa for 200yds and a single elongated hole at 100yds.

AJ

300 SMK, around 3.835" (current load) off the lands, don't know exactly how far.
250 AB, around 4.024" (was longest), this was well into the throat.

(I use base to ogive, but these are pretty close for overall length).

AJ

Those numbers were overall. I would guess the 300 as being .010 or closer to the lands.

I shot a group with some 'messed up' rounds, I had messed up seating a few 300's and the seating depth was +-.050!

The group was sub 1/2" (one stretched hole) at 100yds. It amazes me how good the Edge shoots the 300.

AJ

I don't have any 250SMKs. I have some 250 gamekings if that helps, but I haven't done any testing with them. Is there a particular measurement you would like me to get from my chamber for you? The barrel was chambered by pac-nor.

AJ

Michael Eichele; do you know if the ogive (nose to bearing surface) is the same between the 250 SMK and the 300 SMK?

i remember talking with an engineer at Sierra a couple years ago and he told me the front of the bullets, encluding the cavity, was the same. the wall thickness on the 250's is actually about .001 thicker because they use the same jackets. the jackets are tappered and since the 250's are shorter the material used is actually a bit thicker towards the tip of the bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.