25 saum, 25 prc, 25x284 and others - released for public use

257 Blackjack

We have asked JGS and Manson to consider every reamer we spec for "Blackjack" spec to be "Released" so that anyone can order them.

We just want 25 Caliber to grow and for hunters and shooters to really enjoy the low recoil performance that has waited patiently to be tapped.

25 PRC has been requested A LOT. There's no doubt this should run 3300 fps and be a great hunting option for the SA Magnum crowd. The nominal designation for this 25 PRC for the 131 ACE is the "25 PRC BJ 90" for 90 Freebore.

25 PRC BJ 90 FB.png

We've already sold a good % of the 25 SAUM reamers coming in April. PRC and SAUM are very similar but we are trying to open up the usefulness of 25 cal to folks with different set of components. SAUM brass is becoming more available again so this is a great option too.

25 SAUM BJ 80 FB.jpg

The 25x284 is my favorite of the three posted here. 3150-3200 fps in 26" and nothing unnecessary. This thing scoots out to 3/4 of a mile and is a pleasure to shoot. Lapua 6.5x284 Brass is nearly ready to load and shoot. One Pass through a bushing die and you are ready to go.

25x284 BJ 131 FB.jpg

Last night I put in an order for 257 WBY Blackjack Spec reamers and in May we will be doing 3-4 more. All of these will come in quantities of 10 unless demand dictates we get more of certain catridges.

Please let me know which one you plan on shooting or if there's a special cartridge you think we are overlooking. Most of my shooting friends run mag-fed rifles so most of our designs are going to lean toward those rifle formats.

257 WBY is likely the most overbore thing we will make reamers for but if there's a true dragster out there people are behind we could get a batch of reamers made. Let me know.

would you have a rough idea on oal. touching the lands for the 25-284 and 25 prc reamers. and if possible also with the hunting bullet. staying in a short action is not a concern I just want to set this up once even if that means a custom reamer.

I have cases and the 131 blackjacks here and with the bearing surface at base of neck the 25-284 will be 3.1+ inches long. you would have to push a lot of bullet in case making the 25 creed a better option

What does 25 cal offer over 6mm or 6.5mm?
Significantly better weight and BC over 6mm. Similar performance to 6.5mm...But .257 has better BC for 130-class bullets.

Not to mention that .257 has been left behind by all the manufacturers for decades, and it's time it gets modernized with everything else.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts