25-06 brass

Elkwonder

I am new to the whole reloading process and am looking to find a 25-05 load for a wolf hunt I have coming up in january.
The problem is since I am still new to reloading, I would prefer to buy my brass with the correct head stamp and avoid making my brass form 30-06 brass or something.
SO as I was looking around at what all is available for 25-06 brass it seems my choices for in stock brass are as follows

Hornady .70 cents a piece
Prvi Partizan .58 cents a piece
Norma 1.25 dollar and 25 cents a piece

Looks like the Hornady is a pretty safe bet according to most of the reviews I have read. However, there seems to be a LOT of Prvi Partizan fans as well.
I have also read a lot of people having issues with Norma being "soft"

What would you order and why? Thanks for any help!!

I can't comment on the PPU brass, in 22-250 it seemed rough, but I only had a 20 round sample.
I have Norma in 25-06 myself, as well as Rem and Win. I cannot see any problem with Norma, but I don't push my brass. The only Hornady I have used has been in big bore cartridges, 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby and 458 Lott, it appears to be good quality brass with no complaints from me, but none has been loaded more than twice so far, not cartridges I use every other day. Lol.
I would buy the Norma, just don't push it.

Cheers.
gun)

Of your 3 options, here's my order...

Norma
Hornady
Prvi Partizan

If you can afford the Norma, I would go that route. However, for the money, Hornady brass is hard to beat. You can get nearly twice the brass for the same amount of money, if you go the Hornady route.

EW, I've loaded Hornady brass for my son and a friend's 25-06 with excellent results. Loaded Federal brass for another, but a few primer pockets were loose after 2 reloads. The Hornady rounds were also much more concentric. Son's heavy varmint barrel shot consistent .338 MOA at 200 yds and the friends Savage #2 barrel .563 at 200. H4831SC and 115 Berger VLD. Redding dies.

. . . ... .. consistent .338 MOA at 200 yds and the friends Savage #2 barrel .563 at 200...
I don't think any rifle and load shoots consistent groups to the 3rd decimal place. They may average that, but no shooting system (rifle, ammo and human) is that repeatable for all groups.

I don't think any rifle and load shoots consistent groups to the 3rd decimal place. They may average that, but no shooting system (rifle, ammo and human) is that repeatable for all groups.

BB, you are correct, those are averages of 5 shot groups.

Dosh

I bought 50 pieces of Hornady brass, about two years ago, to go with a new 25-06 my wife bought me. I tried multiple bullets and multiple powders trying to get the rifle to shoot good groups. Finally I sized and trimmed some 270 and 30-06 brass down out of Remington and Winchester brass and the gun settled right in. I blamed inconsistent neck tension for the accuracy problems. The 25-06 only gets Norma brass now. The Hornady brass seems to work in my sons 7mm-08 though. Now that I'm into annealing I should anneal the Hornady batch and see if it works for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.