243AI Ready to go hunting

Spino,

There is not a kit that I know of. I just went out to the cedar tree in the yard and pulled off some ends of the limbs and sprayed a base of olive drab, then layed the limb on the stock and shot tan, black, and brown. There is a good article on sniper's hide on stock painting.

Now if I could find a deer. I am going to Montana at the end of the month to go bird hunting, and I saw they had some anterless mule deer and antelope tags left. I might have to pick some up.

TMR, can you give some specifics to your rifle? What changes are you going to make on the 3rd rifle? I am going between the 243AI and 244 AI for a long range coyote rifle.

Wizard...

Here are the specs on my rifle:
Remington Action - lugs lapped and faced squared
Holland Lug
27.5" Lilja #8 3 groove barrel 1-8 twist
Remington Trigger w/spring kit set at 2lbs (will be replacing with a jewell trigger soon)
TPS 20 MOA base and med rings
Wyatts extended magazine
Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT
HS Precision vertical grip stock
Action is bedded as is the first 2" of barrel

The next rifle is going to be a little lighter version. My Dad was going to take the 1-12 twist barrel off of his rifle, but has decided to just build another one. I think he is going to go with a #5 contour barrel and the HS Varmit stock. When my 22-250AI barrel wears out, I will probably replace it with a #5 barrel for a lighter coyote rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.