243 wssm

JMarkL

Reloading 243 WSSM rounds, when I chamber the round the bolt gets tight and doesn't want to close completely. I have checked all measurements on the rounds according to reloading manuals. If you close the bolt all the way and fire the round, it is some what hard to eject the spent round. I have been reloading just under a year. This is my first post. Any help would be very much appreciated.gun)

You probably need to bump the shoulder more. We had a this with 300RUM. Find it and you will find all the info.

Reloading 243 WSSM rounds, when I chamber the round the bolt gets tight and doesn't want to close completely. I have checked all measurements on the rounds according to reloading manuals. If you close the bolt all the way and fire the round, it is some what hard to eject the spent round. I have been reloading just under a year. This is my first post. Any help would be very much appreciated.gun)

I had one of the .243 WSSM's mine was a re barrel based on a Win 70 Coyote. I'd check to be sure the case is being sized properly, which is going to tell if there set right or if they have a problem... Brand of dies? Model of rifle.
If everything is in spec's on the case after you've sized it, then it's the chamber..

Good luck

You definitely need to bump the shoulder back. I had the same issue on a 223wssm when I started reloading. I had to change the setup on my sizing die to increase cam over. wssmzone.com used to be a great resource, but has disappeared.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.