243 Winchester and 80 grain Hammer Hunter

HammerB1

Official LRH Sponsor
My 14 year old son (Noah), soaking wet 95lbs shot this 4 shot group today at 200 yards. No load development was done, just wanted to shoot a mild load, 42 grains of IMR 4451. MV was 3077 avg.
Rifle:
-old Ruger M77 - 243 Winchester
-10 twist factory
-Tuned factory trigger (very nice)
-old Leupold straight 24 power scope

I did no load development. No seating depth adjustment. Just put some together so he could have something to shoot while I loaded for another rifle. He did really well! The group measures 1.2".
Brian

Attachments

• 243 200 yard group by noah 3-26-16.JPG
    243 200 yard group by noah 3-26-16.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 243.JPG
    243.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 128
Well done to your son.

And to Hammer Bullets.

I was looking at them the other day. I have such a huge stock it could be days before I order more. LOL. Just kidding of course. I'll be ordering them soon.

Well done to your son.

And to Hammer Bullets.

I was looking at them the other day. I have such a huge stock it could be days before I order more. LOL. Just kidding of course. I'll be ordering them soon.

Thanks,
I look forward to hearing about your results.
I got this 243 from my father-in-law when he passed away. He has taken many antelope and deer down in Wyoming with it. When I started loading hammer bullets in it, was quite shocked at how well it shot, but seems all of our bullets are really easy to shoot really well. Not bragging, just a fact.
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.