.243 Bullet Recommendation

What twist is the barrel? If its a 9.25-10 you might be able to use the 95gr berger hunting bullet if you live at high enough elevation...

I have a 1-10 barrel on my Vanguard. 90 gr AB's print inside of .5" @ 100 (5 shot group). Was at Whittington this past weekend and consistently rang the rams @ 500 meters with it. Even managed to hit the white buffalo @ 1123 yards. The AB has the highest BC - .376 only one that has a higher BC from Nosler is their E-tip.
They make a 90 gr Ballistic tip that would probably work well, or as EricL stated, the 95 gr BT could work.

Another one that's working well in this rifle is the 85gr Partition. Same POI out to 200 as the 90 grain.

What about 105 Berger hunter if your twist will support it. There is a benefit to bullet weight at longer range.

Twist rate is 9.25..
Garrett H,
Our Berger 95 grain CLASSIC HUNTER will work well with your 1-9.25 twist rate. The Classic Hunter bullets are a hybrid design that incorporates both the secant (VLD) and tangent ( standard ) ogives into a SAMMI length nose length dimension that allows the bullet to be seated and used at magazine length and makes the bullet very tolerant of jump. In most cases all that done is to seat the bullet to magazine length and work up the load to your highest velocity accuracy node. Also you lose nothing in accuracy, distance or performance on game from the VLD. If you dont have our loading manual we can also help with load information.
Take Care,

Garrett H,
Our Berger 95 grain CLASSIC HUNTER will work well with your 1-9.25 twist rate. The Classic Hunter bullets are a hybrid design that incorporates both the secant (VLD) and tangent ( standard ) ogives into a SAMMI length nose length dimension that allows the bullet to be seated and used at magazine length and makes the bullet very tolerant of jump. In most cases all that done is to seat the bullet to magazine length and work up the load to your highest velocity accuracy node. Also you lose nothing in accuracy, distance or performance on game from the VLD. If you dont have our loading manual we can also help with load information.
Take Care,

Thanks Phil for the info. I shoot your 105 hybrids in my 6 CM with great success. Thanks again.

Garrett H,
Take Care,

The 95 grain Berger Classic was used to shoot the best group I ever shot on paper. More importantly for you, it has been a solid performer on deer sized game as well.

I use the 100 grain Hornady Interlock SPBT. High BC and really puts the hurt on deer. Love the bullet results and the retain about 40 to 50% of their mass with shots under 200 yards. They are very accurate in my Vanguard.

My Remington 700 .243 win shoots very well with 95 grain hybrids. 4350 or Varget, it is a 1-9.25 twist.
I can seat it to the mag with them, but it feeds poorly. I think that the classics are worth a try too.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.