• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

243 Ackley Improved Body or FL sizing die

GRG

I am looking for a body or FL sizing die in true 243 Ackley, not Win Improved. Please let me know if you have anything.

Thank you

Glenn

I think I have a brand new Redding 2 die set, I'll have to check when I get home.

I might be able to help you out. My lgs has set for sale with a rifle but its been on the shelf for 2 years. I'll check on Monday to see if they will separate them.

I do have a set.

Attachments

• 20210718_000942.jpg
    20210718_000942.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Backwoods, it looks like those are the 243 Winchester Imp dies not the Ackley Improved. What does it say on the sizing die body?

They say 243 Imp 40°, I bought them thinking I was going to do a 243AI, and did a 6×284 instead. But that's what they sent me when I ordered them, they were listed as 243AI, several places have them listed with that part number as AI and several say Imp 40°, I don't honestly know, if there's a difference in this particular case, sorry I can't tell you specifically, but I've never used them.

I believe that is probably the same thing that happened with the dies I have. They list them as 243 Ackley Winchester Improved but what they are is the Winchester case with a 40°shoulder. Thank you for looking.