240 Wby magnum flyer

Casing

I'm loading 240 Weatherby magnum with 50-52 grains of H4831sc and Sierra Pro hunter 100 grainers with Federal Gold Medal primers 210. My best groups are around 51 grains. I get two shots touching and one flyer about 3/4 to 7/8 inches away. Can this be due to my bullet seating depth, or can changing primers have an impact on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to try 100 grain Nosler partition with the Hodgdon powder. If anyone has any experience with this caliber I would welcome your comments.

It's kind of hard to suggest a fix from just the data you provided. How does the gun shoot with factory ammo? Is the two shot touching and one away the same every time or is this based from one group? Which number shot is the flyer? Is the gun bedded? Is the barrel floated? It may be your load recipe, it may be the seating depth, it may be the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.