• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 224 TTH Savage

Bowfisher

LvblVhel.jpg

VsOjs7Zl.jpg

cfPad21l.jpg

V2ymp03l.jpg

LW4pZkMl.jpg

Safe queen, second owner, I never got around to developing a load for it, I have some 22/6mm brass somewhere, just can't locate it at the moment. It will go to the buyer when I finally break down and dig into the brass bin..got a pile of 80gr Sierras also, moly IIRC.

Custom 2 dies set, barrel is 27" long , 1-8 according to my cleaning rod, think it's a Pacnor or Shilen. Diameter is .610 muzzle end, Boyd's Stock, nice carry rifle. Older Savage LA, I think it's a RB trigger, less than 2#'s. I'm down a trigger scale atm..

$800 shipped ConUS.

Last edited:
IIRC, Lonnie Hummel from Hornady shot this chambering for quite some time. He liked it for long range competition.

Seems like one of the Savage gurus was a big fan also, it's a neat , old school wildcat, that is still relevant. It's manly like '66 Chevy Pickups , AM radios, Case pocket knives , Miller High Life and not wearing a mask in town...

OK, got the Hawkeye out, the throat on this one is smooth as a prom queens thigh. No fire-cracking at all, just a light discoloration from carbon. I'd wager it's been shot less than 50 times. Lands look good also, it's very low mileage.

I tried to take a pic with the iPhone, but was unsuccessful, I will give the buyer a 24hr inspection period to look the rifle over and check the bore/throat. If it's not up to their satisfaction, they can ship it back for a full refund, minus the shipping cost.