.223 Bolt gun purchase

Buzzsaw

I'm looking for a mid weight .223 bolt rifle. Looking at the Tikka T3 Lite and the Browning XBolt. wanting 8 twist. Looking for premium accuracy. Anyone own either of these in .223?

OR

What do you have that shoots tiny groups without getting heavy or expensive?

I'm looking for a mid weight .223 bolt rifle. Looking at the Tikka T3 Lite and the Browning XBolt. wanting 8 twist. Looking for premium accuracy. Anyone own either of these in .223?

OR

What do you have that shoots tiny groups without getting heavy or expensive?
I have a Savage 110 Hunter that I purchased from a LRH member about a year ago. Had it rechambered to .223 Wylde. Put a 6x36 scope on it and so far gives me .5 MOA at 100 with factory ammo. Pretty happy with my purchase and the smith work. Looking forward to using it in SD for some gopher plinking this fall
Mike

Thanks everyone. I looked at the Remington Alpha 1. Its interesting but I would have to see some real-world reviews on it.

HANDGUN HTR, which model Tikka do you have?

Hard to beat a tikka. Only downside to the t3 lite is the limited COAL in factory mags if you want to shoot some bullets, though the 77 TMK and 73 ELDM do not seem to mind shooting at mag length. My handloads with both are under 1 MOA for a 10 shot group.

I have had 2 of the Rem 700 SPS tactical. Both were very accurate once I changed out the trigger. My dad "borrowed" one about 5 years ago, and the other goes with me when stand hunting for varmints, or when I take very small kids to hunt. I don't think there is a better factory gun for under $800, and I have more than a couple custom guns. The short barrel makes handling in a stand very easy, and I would not hesitate to take a 300 yard shot with it.