.22 K-Hornet shoulder angle.

specweldtom

I've got a live pilot .22 K-Hornet reamer coming from Dave Manson. The reamer shoulder angle is 35 deg. I talked to Hornady about the full length 2 die set that they furnish, but the sizing die has a 40 deg shoulder. Also, I'll have to load the std .22 Hornet brass to fire-form them. The std Hornet bullet seater should work, and I just won't resize the brass before firing it. However, I'm not smart enough to know if the shoulder angle is going to be a problem. I haven't ordered the die set yet.

What do you think?

Thanks, Tom

Thanks Tim. I called today and Dave is out until Monday. I am holding up on the dies until I verify the reamer shoulder angle and if he can regrind to 40 deg if necessary.

I got the bullet seater reversed. I should have said that the K- Hornet seater could seat bullets in the std Hornet case. I doubt that fire formed K-Hornet cases will go into the smaller Hornet die.

We'll see what happens, Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts