22-250 reloads fit Remington does NOT fit Weatherby???

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Mxracer532, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Mxracer532

Mxracer532 Well-Known Member

So like the title says I have a Remington 700 switchbarrel that I have a bunch of reloaded roads for and not too long ago I got a Weatherby Vanguard 22-250 and apon trying to chamber the reloads that fit perfectly in my remington will not chamber in the Weatherby. Is this normal? Is it due to the remington switch barrel having alot tighter tolerances??

2. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

If the reloads were full length sized, I would suspect the Weatherby just has less throat depth and the bullet is hitting the lands.

If the reloads were fired in your Remington and only neck sized, they should not be fired in any other rifle.

3. Mxracer532

Makes sense, I only neck size for everything. O well I just went ahead and started fresh with new cases for the Weatherby. Shoots actually really well for a cheap gun using Varget and 52gn Bergers but OMG the trigger is garbage!

4. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

5. Mxracer532

6. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

It's never a given that brass fired in one rifle will fit in another rifle even if it's full lenght sized.

7. stangfish

stangfish Well-Known Member

Absolutely, one sized to maximum saami wll not fit in one at or near minimum.