22-250 Reloading help

Vomact

Hi:

New member of the forum.

I used to shoot benchrest (6PPC) many years ago before starting a family forced me to settle down. Well, now one boy is in college and the other is in high Sschool. I convinced my better half that I needed a hobby (I was driving her crazy, Hee, Hee, Hee), so I went out and bought a Savage Model 12 LPV DBM in 22-250 with a 1 in 9 twist (I wanted to shoot the Berger 70 VLD's)

anyway...

I got a new RCBS press, the FL gold neck bushing die plus a set of my old favorites, the Wilson bushing dies and all the fixins. I purchased a box of Lapua brass (man that stuff is HARD) and several litters of Berger bullets.

I have a slight problem: The case weights are very uniform however the neck lenghts and thicknesses are not. Should I full lenght size then trim to length and THEN run through the K&M mandrel expander, or just run 'em trough the mandrel and turn them the trim them?

My becnhrest soul say's full length size, trimm THEN do the necks, however I can't ask for advice at K&M or RCBS (or Wilson or SInclair) as everybody is on holdiay until the 5th.

Suggestions are appreciate

Vomact

This would be appropriate;

My becnhrest soul say's full length size, trimm THEN do the necks, however I can't ask for advice at K&M or RCBS (or Wilson or SInclair) as everybody is on holdiay until the 5th.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.