22-250 Brass

Centre Punch

Hi guys,
which of the american manufactured 22-250 brass is the best for concentricity and uniforminity?
As far as i know, only Federal,Remington and Winchester are available in the UK, though we do have Norma and RWS but they are touching nearly a dollar a case. Thanks.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

For rounds that i can't get good brass for I will buy 500 pieces on once fired Winchester brass from Brass Man out of Las Vegas. Out of the 500 I can usualy get 200 pieces of weight match cases all for the price of about 250 pieces of new Win brass and these are weight matched and resized with my die.
But as for you being in the UK , I don't know what you can do , I would start looking at the ranges to see if anybody sell once fired cases

CP,
I use Remington brass at the moment. I usually only buy 100 pieces at the time and work with that. I haven't had any problems with any of the last batch I bought and have gotten excellent accuracy from them. JohnnyK.

I am currently using Remington brass for my 22-250 & it works fine, but I prefer Winchester. When it is time to buy more brass it will be Winchester.

Thanks for the info guys,
Range pickup is not an option, not enough people drop enough brass. I shall weigh up the econimics of buying a truck load of winchesters or a couple of hundred Norma's.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Nosler is now making brass. It is weigh-sorted, and not too expensive. I have some coming so I'll let you now how it turns out.

no one even mentioned Federal brass and it is absolutely the best of the American brass,the only problem is that you have to buy it loaded.
ub

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.