22-250 Brass Diameter

Edd

Can any of you 22-250 owners tell me the diameter of your brass at the .200" web spot and what brand it is.

Thanks for the info. Those measurements do support the SAAMI chamber specs.

I just received some new Lapua brass that measures .466".

I was getting ready to order a new reamer. The minimum SAAMI dimension for the chamber is .4681". That is less clearance than I'm familiar with.

I can't remember ever ordering a reamer with a web diameter larger than SAAMI minimum but this may be the one.

I'm just thinking out loud here, so bear with me. Wouldn't it be more important to know die manufacturer and resized brass tolerances? I know most reloaders round out the neck of new brass and throw it in a rifle to fire form, but don't major brass manufactorers recommend full length resizing prior to first loading? So rather than reinvent the wheel, just see if you can body size without touching the shoulders to get the clearance you need?

That could be the path. I'm waiting on some information from RCBS about their sizing die.

Which sizing die? I have Rcbs standard and a Redding body at home I can give you brass measurements from tonight if you'd like.

I appreciate the offer but a standard die may not provide the correct data. This is going to be a AI 28° shoulder version. JGS has a reamer print and RCBS shows a special order die set for a JGS 28° version. I'm expecting them to be what I need but I'm hoping I can find out some information about them before I spend $175 on them.

Their part number is 56046.

I don't know, I don't have a 40° reamer print to compare to.

Attachments

• 22-250 AI 28°.pdf
    284.7 KB · Views: 124
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.