22-250 Ai load

jvon

Been playing with my new PD rifle but haven't found a satisfactory load 1-12 28" Krieger. I'm shooting 52 grain SMK's trimmed and pointed. I'm not a speed freak just want a accurate load, this is a custom built rifle on a Preditor action Jewel trigger laminated stock pillar and full bed. Built by a top gunsmith. This rifle should be capable of 1/4 at 100, but haven't got ther yet. I have a good assortment of powder so shoot me a load ( pun intended!) I am touching lands at 2.02 base to ojive measured with a Davidson seating depth tool. .013 necks sized with a .249 bitching and run back over a .222 expander mandrel for a .002 neck tension , consistant 24-26 lb seating pressure as measured with a 21st Century hyd bullet seater. Win brass is sorted and weighed with full prep.I hope that's enough info. I do have some Nosler 55grain Varmegedon FB and some 50 grain A-Max's and a few 50 grain Bergers, but I prefer the Sierras as I have a bunch and the are sorted trimmed and tipped.Any tried and tested info appreciated.

I have one, can't give you my loads, but I can tell you that Varget is the best powder there is for it.
I have always started with standard 22-250 max loads and worked up until I found the most accuarte charge weight. I run either 50gr or 55gr Ballistic Tips in my rifle.
How are you forming your brass?
I fireform without bullets, but do not use COW, it gives me great case life and saves on barrel life, too.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts