21st Century mandrel die cap

milboltnut

after sizing operation while keeping the cap loose, 21st Century recommends to keep the cap loose to find center better, is it normal for the mandrel die cap to get stuck?

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with anything being stuck on the die, I can break it loose with my hand. Even when screwing it down very tight with my hand the mandrel is still loose inside the die body. I have to be sure and clean the die ever so often or it will begin to cause my cases to stick a little when sizing.

I can loosen the cap, the little cap on top of the die, that's no problem. Just wondering if something was wrong and wanted to ask.

I have never had an issue with anything being stuck on the die, I can break it loose with my hand. Even when screwing it down very tight with my hand the mandrel is still loose inside the die body. I have to be sure and clean the die ever so often or it will begin to cause my cases to stick a little when sizing.
Ok.... If that's the case then I'll just keep it tight. The mandrel is alot looser with the cap unthreaded.