210 Accubond LR

Overkill338

I've used lots of ammo from Doubletap, and Underwood for my pistols. Never tried rifle ammo from either. But during the 4th, DT has a 35% off and free shipping code. So I'm going to order their 300 WM loaded with the 210 ABLR. My only concern, is when I see "long range", it makes me think frangible at closer ranges. Speed is advertised at 2825, but with Doubletap I'd have to see it to believe it. Their 10mm ammo is 100-200 fps slower than advertised.

Any thoughts on the 210 at ranges under 400?

I've used lots of ammo from Doubletap, and Underwood for my pistols. Never tried rifle ammo from either. But during the 4th, DT has a 35% off and free shipping code. So I'm going to order their 300 WM loaded with the 210 ABLR. My only concern, is when I see "long range", it makes me think frangible at closer ranges. Speed is advertised at 2825, but with Doubletap I'd have to see it to believe it. Their 10mm ammo is 100-200 fps slower than advertised.

Any thoughts on the 210 at ranges under 400?
They are a bonded bullet which helps, but.......,. I shot a deer in the shoulder at 130 yards with a 150 ABLR out of my 270 ss (mv 3152') and it was extremely explosive!! An elk wold still have been going.

They are a bonded bullet which helps, but.......,. I shot a deer in the shoulder at 130 yards with a 150 ABLR out of my 270 ss (mv 3152') and it was extremely explosive!! An elk wold still have been going.
Thank you, that is what I was concerned with. With 35% off, I cant resist trying some. I will probably just order the 180 Scirocco 2's at 3050.

I used the 30 cal 190gr ABLR to take a decent sized buck at 70 yards. Buck ran 30 yards, if that, and piled up. Entrance hole was quite big with no exit. Doe I shot earlier that day had a entrance and exit (3"-4" exit) and she was shot in the same 70 yds spot.

The 210 should work better than my handload using the 190 did. My handload was ~3200+ FPS MV (300 RUM).

I used the 30 cal 190gr ABLR to take a decent sized buck at 70 yards. Buck ran 30 yards, if that, and piled up. Entrance hole was quite big with no exit. Doe I shot earlier that day had a entrance and exit (3"-4" exit) and she was shot in the same 70 yds spot.

The 210 should work better than my handload using the 190 did. My handload was ~3200+ FPS MV (300 RUM).
My curiosity is to see how accurate their stuff is. I don't have the space to setup reloading again for awhile. My fall hunting will probably be with the Hornady 200 PH. Unless I find something that shoots better before then.

The Remington 180 Accutips I picked up just to shoot my rifle again, they grouped right at 1" at 100. That's with the boat paddle stock still on it. 7 years ago it wore a Hogue stock and shot 0.50"-0.75" with factory Hornady ammo. It definitely prefers the forend to not be touching.

im sure more bullet mass would help and I have no doubt they would perform well at long range but are TOO explosive for my liking.
I tell ya, I know how people feel that are in jail, and get out a decade later. I sold all my rifles 7-9 years ago, and just stopped reading forums. Now I've got my 264 and 300 Win Mags back, and I feel lost with all these new bullets designs. I used to love the simplicity of the Nosler Partition. That and the fact they are boringly consistent.

I tell ya, I know how people feel that are in jail, and get out a decade later. I sold all my rifles 7-9 years ago, and just stopped reading forums. Now I've got my 264 and 300 Win Mags back, and I feel lost with all these new bullets designs. I used to love the simplicity of the Nosler Partition. That and the fact they are boringly consistent.
Nosler partitions are one of the best EVER made! They just flat work. The only downside is b c which limits very long range shots. They would expand even then though.

At that muzzle speed ~2900 fps they will be a great bullet. They have shown to be finicky in some rifles for accuracy. I have killed several elk and deer with them in 6.5 and 7mm without issue.

Nosler partitions are one of the best EVER made! They just flat work. The only downside is b c which limits very long range shots. They would expand even then though.
I used to tell people the Partition is the standard by which all others are measured.

If I were hunting Elk, I'd take a 200 Partition in my 300. Brown bear, I'd want a 250 Partition in a 338. As a matter of fact, the fella I bought my 338 from, was from Alaska. He had just killed a big brownie with it. He sent me his leftover componets, which was 225 AB and 250 Partitions.

that LRAB works real good in a 308 short barrel, I have a buddy that shoots them suppressed and at his speeds that bullet works great from 100 to 300 yards

I don't know how they perform on game but I shot this group yesterday with my .300 win mag. Loaded them to mag length 3.600" and worked up in half grain increments from 77grains with H1000. Shot 1-2 MOA until I hit 78.5 grains.

5CF902CC-AE51-4584-9BA2-A0705BD3EE33.jpeg

0.5" center to center at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts