2020 hunting season wrapped up

That's awesome. I really missed the processing parties this year. Such strict Covid regulations in Manitoba we couldn't get together. Just not the same doing it by yourself.
Yeah it's pretty quiet where I live, almost no COVID cases in our zone

So I had the moose and elk hides tanned and just finished making chaps for myself and my wife, conveniently finishing her chaps on Valentine's Day. Thought I'd share, it's not just meat we can get off game
81AFC9D6-E216-4BFA-9784-8A82F67C0DBB.jpeg
D34818F4-D5A8-4EC2-80DD-545DF1142D89.jpeg
F3E5523D-DF41-4FC6-AC4C-0CF4C3C1240B.jpeg

Thanks everyone for the kind words

The chaps are awesome. That will keep the memory alive a long time. What's the specs on your rifle? What stock is that?
It's a vanguard that was rebarreled with a 28" proof in 8twist 7rem mag. Has a Boyd's stock on it. Area 419 brake. Forget the bottom metal, cdi maybe. Mark 4 scope, 30moa rail.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

It's a vanguard that was rebarreled with a 28" proof in 8twist 7rem mag. Has a Boyd's stock on it. Area 419 brake. Forget the bottom metal, cdi maybe. Mark 4 scope, 30moa rail.
How do you like the engraving on grip and forearm? Which pattern did you go with? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.