2015 Leica Rangefinders?

WEATHERBY460

Will Leica be coming out with a replacement to the 1600-B? I see they are offering a light with a new purchase, so I am guessing something new is coming.

I wonder if they are going to update the 1600 b so it has the built in features that the geovid HD-b's have. I see no reason not to. if they are priced about the same I would buy them, and just use them on longer shots when I need a firing solution.

Use your own ballistics and have the incline/decline be usable for archers as well as rifles and it would be the best one on the market!

What's the light for?

the light is so that when you get a range with 3000 dollar binoculars you can light up ballistics chart to figure out how much dope you need. 1600-b was a huge let down for me. Sure glad I didnt pull the trigger before i did some serious research on them. Once they have something that will do what the G7-BR2 does I might think about upgrading.

I'm really interested to hear if anybody knows anything about the 2015 Leica. I'm ready to purchase a new rangefinder, but don't want to jump the gun. Anybody know anything?

I'm sick of range finders none of the ones i've had work very well. leica 1600, swa 1500, and other cheaper ones. Sure would be nice if one would come out that would range 2500 n really work. Why r the terrapin rangefinder not being made any more???

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.