200 grain Berger Hybrids

baconeater20

I just picked up a box of these and plan on putting them on top of H1000 for my 24" 300 Win Mag.
Has anyone shot these and how was your results? Are they as picky as the 210 VLD's?

MKG

I've never shot the 200 hybrid, but use the 215's in my 300 Win Mag. Why not try the 215? Perfect match to the 300 Win Mag. The hybrid design is very forgiving to seating depth. Do a search on here and you will see lots of good reviews and lots of guys shooting the 215.

That's a good deal. Maybe someone else will chime in with on game performance of the 200 hybrid. Wish we could buy bullets that cheap in Canada. 215's are crazy expensive here. Good thing I stocked up years ago. If they are like the 215's try starting them 30 thou off. Has worked good in multiple Rifles.

I shot them in a 300 rum for a while when components were so hard to come by. Never got a chance to hunt with them but they were easy to tune and shot great. I just ended up getting ahold of some 230's and switched to them because I got caught up in the search for what everyone thought was the best. I think with your 24" barrel the 200 is a good match personally. I really wouldn't be too spooked about hunting with them if that's the plan. Bergers have been great for me across the board so far in the hunting and target lines.

I've burned up several 200 hybrids in the 300s. They shoot great, been trying to find some Berger 200.20 to try, rumor has it they are the ticket.
like most folks I primarily shoot the 215s with a good dose of H1000 for right at 3,000 fps in a 26" pipe across the lab radar. I can get 3,000 ish with 77.5gr and nearly 3,100 with 78.5 but its hard on brass pushing up to the 3100 range.

Thanks guys. I cant wait. I might do a little hunting with it but mostly it will be for targets. I have so many nice bolt guns but hunt with just one. She has never let me down so I keep packing her. lol All my rifles shoot Bergers except for my 257 WBY. She likes the 115 BT. Very anxious to start load development.

I hunted for a couple of years ago with the 200gr hybrids. Just wanted something to shoot in a Tikka with the slower twist. Took an elk and deer with great results. I think you got a great deal on bullets that perform well. The longer of the two shots was the deer around 650 yard. Hit the shoulder angling back and exited from the front of the intestinal cavity. The elk was fairly close and hit behind the front shoulder. Two exit hole about 8 inches apart

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.