200 Berger hybrids in 300 ULTRA

Wachsmann

Anyone out there loading the 200Grain Berger Hybrids in a 300 Ultra mag? I was thinking about purchasing them but held off. The BC is almost the same as the 210 vld's. Its like .624 G1 I think. They are not the hunting VLD's but since bullets are getting thin I been considering using the those or the 200 grain AB. I always find the AB's. They don't have the high BC but it seem they do pretty well from most post. Any thoughts. I would really like to get my hands on some 215 bergers and try them.:rolleyes:.

30427-web-bullet.png
200 gr Match Hybrid Target....berger part number 30427

If you want to run 200's in your ultra, seriously consider the 200 Barnes LRX. I have loaded these for a buddy and they are wicked accurate and reliable. 102.7 grains of RL33 with a velocity of 3200-3300 fps. Really nice bullet.

Anyone out there loading the 200Grain Berger Hybrids in a 300 Ultra mag? I was thinking about purchasing them but held off. The BC is almost the same as the 210 vld's. Its like .624 G1 I think. They are not the hunting VLD's but since bullets are getting thin I been considering using the those or the 200 grain AB. I always find the AB's. They don't have the high BC but it seem they do pretty well from most post. Any thoughts. I would really like to get my hands on some 215 bergers and try them.:rolleyes:.

I would not load any Berger (or similar type bullet) smaller than the 215 Hybrid in the 300 RUM and I lean more to the 230's for hunting. Shooting the lighter frangible bullets at RUM velocities could result in a wreck on a game animal, especially larger game.

I am running out of 230's, but I'll wait until they're back in stock.

I believe the bc is .543 of the Barnes LRX. I do however agree with Mark. I shoot 230's out of my 300 RUM with very good results. Going lighter would certainly give you speed, but I love the consistency of the heavier bullets.

To my best knowledge I have never seen the 215 or the 230's on any store shelf. I know they are on the berger web site. Also is the the match hybrid or the OTM's that everyone is talking about and do they need to be ordered from berger or from some vendor?...Thanks

To my best knowledge I have never seen the 215 or the 230's on any store shelf. I know they are on the berger web site. Also is the the match hybrid or the OTM's that everyone is talking about and do they need to be ordered from berger or from some vendor?...Thanks

I got my 230 Hybrids from 1st Shot Gear. There are a number of online vendors that carry components. I get very little of my components local off the shelf.

Check out the 208 A-Max. They shoot fantastic out of my RUM and at 1/2 the price of the Berger.......I DO shoot the 230 HyBreds and am VERY happy with my load for them as well.

I would not load any Berger (or similar type bullet) smaller than the 215 Hybrid in the 300 RUM and I lean more to the 230's for hunting. Shooting the lighter frangible bullets at RUM velocities could result in a wreck on a game animal, especially larger game.

I am running out of 230's, but I'll wait until they're back in stock.

+1! Leave them 200, 210, and 215 for us .300 Winnies! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts