2 moa??

plumeja

So my buddy just bought his first rifle and scope he got a nice winchester and a leupold rifle man 3x9x40 and then when i looked at the turret and it said 2 moa per click. i was wondering what that equals in inches at 100 yrd and is there a way to figure it out. I tried googling it and just can up with moa drops but not for zeroing a scope in .
any hepl or links would be great.
thanks guys and girls

1 MOA at 100 yards = 1.047 inches. So, if it is 2 MOA per click, that would be 2.094 inches per click.

Question is, are you sure it is 2 MOA per click? Most scopes are more like .25 MOA per click or 1/4 inch per click. Some are even 1/8 inch per click. Don't think I have seen one 2 MOA per click? What brand model scope?

image.jpg

Copied from the Leupold Optic literature.

1/4 MOA Finger Click
Finger click adjustments for windage and elevation (¼-MOA) offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use (metric adjustments – 1 cm per click).

Wildcatter is right, I googled Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 and the first thing that pops up is this scope's page on their website. Scrolled down to see this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 59
As already stated. Each line or click is 1/2 moa. The small lines on your scope are 1/2 and longer lines are 1 moa. Looks like the even numbers are the only ones engraved, and they chose to engrave moa after the 2 moa mark, just to indicate the measurments are calibrated in moa. So, each small line should move point of impact by approx 1/2 inch at 100 yards and each bigger line one inch at 100 yards.

Thanks for all the help guys. I feel I bit stupid not figuring it out first off. The 2moa threw me for a loop.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.