2 Hogs, 2 Shooters, 2 Hunts, 120 Yards

Double Naught Spy

So I finally picked up my Surefire Genesis suppressor. It took a total of 6 months and 4 days from when the check cleared to when the tax stamp arrived. I got sighted in and did a couple of hunts, but no hogs. Then I took out my daughter. We sat in a tree stand waiting for a big hog that was visiting my place, but two smaller hogs came out of the woods. We got the rifle on and she was in firing position and I told her it was her shot to make. Then the waiting started. My adrenaline started to flow and I was trying my best not to shake the stand. She remained cool. Hog #1 raised its nose in the air and for some reason I can't explain, she shot Hog #2. She said it was a better target and she was going to wait until they were in better position, but since the first hog was acting like he might be trying to wind us, she took her shot. I asked where she thought she shot the hog and she said, "In the head." Well, alrighty then, let's go see.

The feeder was at 100 yards and the hogs looked to be right behind the feeder when she shot, but it turned out that her hog was 20 yards farther back. She made a nice 120 yard shot between the eyes. Unfortunately, the video glitched and there is no video...

20160701_215211%20Entry%20Cropped.jpg

Turned out to be a 110 lb boar. We took his backstraps for dinner the following night. She got the first kill with my new suppressor!

20160701_215821%20Daddy%20Daughter%20Crop.jpg

We tried a couple more times for the bigger hog, one night it just didn't come and the other night it finally arrived long after we returned home and had gotten to bed.

I went back to my regular weekly spot about 12 miles farther up the road from my place and this is how that hunt went. 120 yards, but a slightly larger hog and slightly less precise shot. Even so, she says she'll still take me hunting again.

[ame]https://youtu.be/PHxtsYv7oFA[/ame]

So your daughter gets bragging rights for getting the first kill with the suppressor! That's awesome! I've already told my wife that as soon as my daughter is old enough, we are heading to the woods to kill hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.