1970's weaver v7. Worth fixing?

wycowboy

Hey there. I have an older Remington 660 I picked up used a few yeas ago for elk. It came with a weever v7 scope. 2.5 x7 30mm I think. My best guess is that this scope is from the 70's or early 80's This scope has given me some problems with it. One hunt in the snow it fogged up on me. Then the next year sitting it in the rear most lens popped out . I had to glue it back in. To hunt . Still got my elk though. Worked for one year then this year the again while sighting in the lens popped
Loose.. I glued it again and then got my elk. But now I really think I need to do something about this.. Does any one know if this is a good enough scope to send back to weaver to have it overhauled? Is it worth it? Or should I just put the money into a new scope.

Thanks much for any help!
J

Don't know what the current owners of "Weaver" will do but I sent my old 'K 4' back in the, I think the 1980s, and they re-gased it to stop the fogging and charged nothing! Send it in and letter to explain problem. Good LUCK.

(bought it used on my 1959 .270Win F/W M-70 back in june 1964).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.