175 WILDCAT LADDER AND GAME TEST

älg

here´s a ladder shot at 100 m. with the 175 HPRBBT wildcat out of a factory 7 rm.

Some expected shots were skipped becasue vel. was very low. I´m pretty happy with the result, it´s factory gun shooting 1/2 at best and the whole ladder is almost within the shooting ability of the rifle with a specific load.

Here´s the exit wound of the bullet on a goat. Shot was not long ( 150 yds), but the bullet performed great. Richard advised the wall to be rather thin; that was not a problem bearing in mind the animal was not really big.
IMGP3792.jpg

[image]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/algpics/IMGP3792.jpg
[/image]

IMGP3820.jpg
wildcatexit1.jpg

Not much of a problem there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd consider saving the barrel by selecting the loads that are to your liking then work towards a low SD and ES.

Then a couple of clicks to the left and 4 clicks up and go get some more goats and some larger stuff.

That's good shootin'

Roy, that´s exactly what I did... adjust clicks and some days after start climbing until that fellow was found. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In any case, I´d appreciate if someone could contact me and share info. on this bullets BC.

Alg,

I have not tested this wildcat bullet but judging from all the long range testing coming in from the 169.5 gr ULD RBBT 270 bullet I would start with an estimated BC of .700 and play with it from there. It will be close enough to get you on target at 500 yards I am sure.

Keep us posted. How do you interpret a ladder test when its just one big ragged hole??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks Kirby. That´s what I had guessed, approx. My interpretation of this "round ladder" is just that wildcat bullets are great.

Nomo, the first shots were just at 2500 and over, so i skipped some "ladder units". Last shots gave readings of 2770 ft/s. I settled on a load that gave me 2750 , with the crono at some 12 ft. Summer is arriving and pressure increases easily. Powder was french vectan t7000, not the best for 175 g. bullets but that´s what I had.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.