17 remington fireball

[ QUOTE ]
hey, does any one have one yet? If so, whats the review. What kind of velocity, performance etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread should probably be up in the varmint section...

It is an ideal Sage Rat, Prairie Dog, Crow, and Woodchuck cartridge. For western (girlie) 'yotes, it's ok, but for north east 'yoyes, it's not enuff gun.

I got one. A Rem 700 CDL Stainless Flutie Ltd Edition.

The factory loads are a bit light. Hand loads easily meet the specs - 4,000+ fps with a 20gr V-Max (and no signs of pressure).

3,800 with a 25gr V-Max.

It is quite accurate, the barrel is really nice, cleans up quick (with Hoppe's #9) and it doesn't foul worth a ****.

It is "pretty"!

thanks, i was looking at them but I just dont see that i have a use for one where i live. that dont mean that i cant convince my self that i need one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm hoping cz will build them in their 527 american line-up.
I have a 221 FB that is one of my favorite rifles -just can't say enough good things about it.The 17 rem fireball would have basically no recoil.
I think you could get by out here in the west w/the 17 rem fb on coyotes heck most only weigh 15 lbs and boy are they dumb !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping CZ will build them in their 527 American line-up.
I have a 221 FB that is one of my favorite rifles -just can't say enough good things about it.The 17 rem fireball would have basically no recoil.
I think you could get by out here in the west w/the 17 rem fb on coyotes heck most only weigh 15 lbs and boy are they dumb !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"... heck most only weigh 15 lbs and boy are they dumb !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif "

HA!, my first laugh of the morning.

At 15 pounds, the 17 FireBall will do it fine - our full grown males up here run 40 to 70 pounds.

The game people say it's cause they mate with Canadian wolves. I don't know if that's true, but they ARE very large and bold.

The local papers constantly report coyotes getting into "urban yuppy" back yards. They grab up the little ankle biters (like miniature poodles) and jumping the fences with "Widdle Fluffy" in their jaws.

we had the same thing going on down here during the drought a couple years back coyotes where eating peaples pets that lived on padre island and if you where fishing out there and left a rod laying around with any bait still on the hook the yotes would sneak in at night while you where sleeping and eat it get hooked and drag your rod off then you'd have to follow the drag marks to get it back. thats when coyote fishing started we'd take a shark rig bait it up and toss it out in the dunes at night. them coyotes would put up a heck of a fight on rod and reel. then the animal rights peaple got wind of it and the game wardens put a end to it but we had fun for a while. a 17 fireball sounds like it might make a good round for my boy to use on rabbits how aviable are they

[ QUOTE ]
"... how available are they".

[/ QUOTE ]

They are around... my dealer can't keep the high end ones like the VSF and the CDL Ltd. in stock - they are out the door the day they come in... but the low end ones like the 700 SPS are common.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.