1640 deer target 9 mph winds

IMO it's not only the technique but the training environment. The students look calm and engaged. They're obviously absorbing the material. And they are having fun. I can see it in their faces and demeanor. Kudos to you and your staff.
Thanks
When they are making the wind calls I feel like I accomplished my mission.

Last edited:
I've been through this before in the navy and now I'm 63 years old if I could afford it which I can't I would love to learn at your range at barbour creek like a new greenhorn knowing nothing about long range shooting from you. Your students look very focused as you teach them, I would love to go through that again to feel the focus of the mind and hand coordination to absorb it fresh and new. To learn to read the wind take continuous practice that I miss here where I live in Wilmer ala.. Keep up the faithful work our young men and women need. Grey Ghost out.

I've been through this before in the navy and now I'm 63 years old if I could afford it which I can't I would love to learn at your range at barbour creek like a new greenhorn knowing nothing about long range shooting from you. Your students look very focused as you teach them, I would love to go through that again to feel the focus of the mind and hand coordination to absorb it fresh and new. To learn to read the wind take continuous practice that I miss here where I live in Wilmer ala.. Keep up the faithful work our young men and women need. Grey Ghost out.
Thank you

Interesting - just yesterday, I was reading on the web how the 147 ELD-M was rather inconsistent from box-to-box but that didn't seem to apply to Hornady's other 6.5 bullets. Experiences vary widely.

Currently, I'm shooting the Berger 140EH, Hornady 147-M and the Hornady 143-X at 400yds from a newly rebarreled Bartlein 6.5 Creed. No matter what powder I use or how I reconfigure the load, the 143-X shoots the tightest groups.
Between 5 of us hand loading 6.5 in all the Horndadddy and Berger flavors we found the lighter the better at least on paper at 100 with groups, ES and SD. From 4350 to StaBall to Superformance just insane with 130g. 140s seemed to be the sweet spot for reaching out past sub sonic though. None of us kept with the 147 after all our load devs. I will admit none of us use it for hunting though, but out to 2k the 140 was the clear winner day in day out for us.

Going to cut down and re-task one of omy old 26" Proof pre-fits t0 17" and use it as a 100 yard deer plinker with a can. Starting with the VLD hunter 130, but will also give the 143 a run given your experience..thanks.

Last edited: