1640 deer target 9 mph winds

Very impressive and I concur reading mirage is paramount at that distance. Muzzle conditions where I shoot are not only worthless for ELR, but most often contradictory to anything beyond 1400. Any info on caliber? Great shooting whoever that was...

Andy info on caliber?

Very impressive and I concur reading mirage is paramount at that distance. Muzzle conditions where I shoot are not only worthless for ELR, but most often contradictory to anything beyond 1400. Any info on caliber? Great shooting whoever that was...

Andy info on caliber?
6.5 creedmoor
He was my student here on level 2
New to long range

I would think he could with the 147 not sure on the 143. I don't know how consistent the 143 are.

Interesting - just yesterday, I was reading on the web how the 147 ELD-M was rather inconsistent from box-to-box but that didn't seem to apply to Hornady's other 6.5 bullets. Experiences vary widely.

Currently, I'm shooting the Berger 140EH, Hornady 147-M and the Hornady 143-X at 400yds from a newly rebarreled Bartlein 6.5 Creed. No matter what powder I use or how I reconfigure the load, the 143-X shoots the tightest groups.

Great shooting and instruction. As always.
Love when its heavy wind in that valley with the increased velocity in the valley. And they still make one shot hits! At 1400 to 1600 yards with a creedmoor. Means I am doing my job😄
Mirage is deadly if you understand it. Luckily I am the guy who invented this unique technique in 1992, and my students get to learn it.

Last edited:
Love when its heavy wind in that valley with the increased velocity in the valley. And they still make one shot hits! At 1400 to 1600 yards with a creedmoor. Means I am doing my job😄
Mirage is deadly if you understand it. Luckily I am the guy who invented this technique in 1992, and my students get to learn it.
IMO it's not only the technique but the training environment. The students look calm and engaged. They're obviously absorbing the material. And they are having fun. I can see it in their faces and demeanor. Kudos to you and your staff.