1500+ yard calibers

Lazzeroni calibers will do it.. the brass isn't so fantastic, otherwise though, they're an excellent way to get to 1500+

I've got a firebird myself, and staying above transonic, I'm good with 168 Bergers to just over 1400yards (at 1975ft) And "punching-numbers" for the 195 VLD that's in-the-works, I figure I can get right around 1900yards (at the same 1975ft) and still be above 1300fps...

Now..... I haven't compared to very-many other calibers.. but can say that "that" is awful d@mn impressive for a 7mm*

...just sayin' ~ Lazzeroni be worth considering, imo

thanks all for the suggestions. Any thoughts on the 338 Lapua Mag?
I've been looking pretty hard a a savage111 LRH in 338Lapua as something to to extend my range beyond the limits of my 7mag. So I started adding up everything based around beyond 1mile. On the low end before you fire 1 round (assuming hand loads only) Your looking at 3k by the time you send that 1st round down range.

If your going out to 1500 and target only you don't need to spend that kind of expense to do it. A 7mag will do it, and honestly I would look at that first, or the short mags, maybe a 264 mag will to I don't know I've never looked at it. If you don't like what you see with the 7's then you can always look bigger, but keep in mind when you get past a 300WM your going to be thinking about a muzzle brake, which will demand that your scope is going to have to be tough enough to handle not only the recoil, but the sudden stop that comes with a brake. There really isn't a cheap way to do it and do it right. But at a min it's 7mm with 168gr - 180gr Bergers or 300 with 215gr - 230gr Bergers.

Lazzeroni calibers will do it.. the brass isn't so fantastic, otherwise though, they're an excellent way to get to 1500+

I've got a firebird myself, and staying above transonic, I'm good with 168 Bergers to just over 1400yards (at 1975ft) And "punching-numbers" for the 195 VLD that's in-the-works, I figure I can get right around 1900yards (at the same 1975ft) and still be above 1300fps...

Now..... I haven't compared to very-many other calibers.. but can say that "that" is awful d@mn impressive for a 7mm*

...just sayin' ~ Lazzeroni be worth considering, imo
I would have thought you'd get a couple hundred more, I'm at 1550ft and I can get a 168gr Classic Hunter to 1500 here, but that's it, she's got no more, a 180gr Hybrid goes atleast 1800, launched 3000fps. Might be something to look at. :)

The VERY BEST I have fired so far at those kinds of ranges is LAZZERONI caliber 9.53 (.375) Saturn spittin out the new 350gr, Sierra VLD Matchking ,,,,,, .820+ BC ,,,,

amazing ballistics and downrange energy ,,,,,, complete charts at www.Lazzeroni.com ,,,,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.