14 Year Old's First Buck

Ernie

SPONSOR
My son was able to fill his first buck tag today. Yep, I'm pretty proud.
Here it is in his words:

"Today after cross-country practice my dad and I went to hunt for antelope. My dad told me there had been some nice bucks where we were going, but hunters had shot most of them. I didn't really think I would see a nice buck, but thought I would see some does or a tiny buck. Right as my dad parked the truck we saw a small group of antelope with a buck. It was pretty windy and they were bedded down. I don't know why they didn't spook, but they remained bedded. As I was setting up the buck stood up and was looking at me but didn't run. My dad told me to shoot a little further behind his shoulder since he was not all the way broadside. At the shot the buck fell instantly. He went down so fast I thought he was moving away with the does, until my dad told me he was down.
I was shooting my 6x47 Lapua MOA."

IMG_3217.jpg

Congratulations, young man, on a nice buck! You seem to be doing very well at following your dad's foot steps.
Nice animal!

Good shooting young Man!! you are becoming quite an accomplished hunter. congrats again.
nmhunter

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.