124 HH vs 156 eol

Ive shot many Red deer with the 124HH from my 20" 6.5PRC. 3180 fps. They have never failed and mostly pass through (but not always). Range has been out to 450 yards. I haven't lost a deer with them. There is always petal damage apparent, mostly through the rib lining. I head shot one at 154 yards and it looked like the bullet passed through without the petals breaking off, but it was very dead in any event (and it was only a small deer so there would have been very little resistance). These projectiles are very accurate out on my Mauser M18.

Does anyone have any real life experience between these 2 bullets. I'm looking to load in my 20" 6.5 prc rifle for deer hunting. Most shots will be inside 500 yards. Inside 300 yards most shots will be head and neck shots but iver that will be shoulder shots. I am hunting larger whitetail in south texas.
I'd say either will be more than plenty for your range and species. I've shot Berger's in the past and shoot Hammers exclusively for hunting now. Both will easily kill deer at further out than your max listed range.
I've never head shot a deer with a hunting rifle… curious why you'd prefer that shot?

I was thinking he was near private property and needed the deer down on the spot. No running and jumping fences. Head shots are not my favorite as I've tracked my share of bucks with their jaws or noses blown off but inside 100 yds are very effective when done properly. I do like the CNS neck to shoulder junction. This drops them on the spot and wastes very little meat.