123 gr Lapua scenar

Yotebuster

wondering if anyone has experience with this bullet exactly on deer antelope size game I know they recommend it for target use only and working on 130 or 140 gr Berger load but out to 800 yds this is as far as i have shot this gun, this load i have is awesome

My one creedmoor absolutely loves this bullet and not sure how it performs on game at say 2750 muzzle velocity is what I'm getting

I have used the 123 and the 139 scenar to take deer. I was in the same boat as you. Each showed ridiculous, and plain silly accuracy and I talked myself into just trying them, it didn't go as planned. I was lucky to have recovered the animals in most cases. Neither is great for anything other than a head shot. Both had minimal expansion into soft tissue and long tracking jobs. Hit the shoulder and it's 50/50 for expansion. Hit the spine and it totally blows up.
I even tried annealing the bullet forward of the ogive and gave each bullet a few more tries. I still didn't see anything I was comfortable sending into game again. The jacket is just too hard and too thick to behave consistently. Combine that with an unbonded core it's performance is either a grenade or similar to a FMJ with nothing in between. Cut one in half and take a look for yourself.
I use the Berger 130 AR hybrid from my 6.5 Grendel or the 120 Nosler ballistic tip and can report excellent results with both bullets on deer. I give up very little accuracy with the Berger and gain reliable terminal performance.

Thanks for the responses so far

I have 130gr and 140gr bergers my other creed loves them as does the 264 win mag

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.