110FP 30-06 range report & bullet advice needed. *pics*

I ended up testing some rounds last weekend for accuacry and found the sweet spot for my rifle. I had three bullet holes touching at 100 yards with 168gr matchkings. I'm very happy with this rifle. I'll start reading more on this site.

My .30-06 shoots pretty good with 190 smk's and 61.5gr of reloader 22. I think the heavier pills will serve you better at range. A lot of the guys running the old .06 for LR shooting are using Reloader 22 to push the heaver bullets to some pretty impressive velocities, with excellent results.

Regards,
Maarten

I got a couple pictures of some groups I shot with my 30-06. I really can't complain about this rifle at all, and I'm really looking forward to trying out some of the 190gr matchkings in it.

This rifle will be bear hunting next week so hopefully there will be a report on that soon too.

DSC03232.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

Yeah I sure do. I really don't even think about owning other rifles or anything like that now that I have this savage 30-06. It's leaving on a hunting trip tonight for a week and it's going to be great.

Especially lately I've been shooting the 168gr matchkings. The last two fridays I've been able to make it out the the range and this last Friday I may have made the best shot of my life. I hit dead center at 1000 yards. Not bad for a hunting rifle. :)

Especially lately I've been shooting the 168gr matchkings. The last two fridays I've been able to make it out the the range and this last Friday I may have made the best shot of my life. I hit dead center at 1000 yards. Not bad for a hunting rifle. :)

That is great!

I was thinking on getting a Weatherby but I have heard so many good things about the Savage rifles on this site I am thinking on changing my preference.

I love my Savage, shoots better than the Weatherby I have, and shot better when it still had a factory barrel as well. Not that the Weatherby shoots "bad" however.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts