107 grain SMK in a 1/8 twist barrel

Anvil11-87

Thinking about trying 107 grain Sierra Match King bullets in my factory Remington 700 with a 26", 1/8" twist barrel.

Any thoughts upon this bullet/weight with this twist rate?

Been shooting them in my 6br 8 twist for a few years now. Just cleaned and annealed another 100 to load with the 107's tomorrow.

They shoot bug holes from my rifle.

Jeff

I don't have anything in .243 cal but I do know that I can get outstanding accuracy from sierra match kings from my 30/06 with alot less work as far as load development than with bergers etc....

3006, read the proper method to work up a VLD load and you might be surprised. I worked up a one hole at 100 load for my 300 win in 9 shots. Then shot 3 groups of 3 shots laying on broken ribs and 2 out of 3 went .3 moa. the third went just under .5

Anvil, if you see some of those 107's anywhere please let me know. I am very low.

Thanks
Jeff

3006, read the proper method to work up a VLD load and you might be surprised. I worked up a one hole at 100 load for my 300 win in 9 shots. Then shot 3 groups of 3 shots laying on broken ribs and 2 out of 3 went .3 moa. the third went just under .5

Anvil, if you see some of those 107's anywhere please let me know. I am very low.

Thanks
Jeff
I'm very familiar with the VLD load development I just like how forgiving the smks are and there availability is also the reason I like them, I can't get bergers in enough volume to justify switching

I've had outstanding luck with the 107smk in a 1-8" twist 6-284. I'm not sure it's ever shot a group over 1/2". I think you'll be very happy with the combo.

t

The 107s are a great bullet Ive shot numerous 1 inch groups at 600 yards with them. They will work out perfect in your 1:8 twist barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts