1000yds: Picking the right rifle

Not to hijack this thread but I am very anxious to hear your results. What break do you currently have on your 338?

I have only shot fire forming loads to this point with the 5 port Muscle Break. 303g Hammers at 2900fps. If this is as good as it gets I will have to Man Up. I will have a Pain Killer to give a try off another 338LAI in the next few days. As long as the threading is the same.

Be sure and post your results when you compare.

Steve

It had a DE 1" 4 port. It's quite obvious the T3 redirects a lot more gas than the DE 4 port just using an air nozzle hooked up to a air compressor. A lot of gas was coming out the front of the 4 port were as almost none was coming out of the T3.

Right rifle = SAKO Longrange hunter, Caliber =338LM, Scope = Nightforce ATCAR. I like the 300 win but for 1000yds + the 338LM gets it done consistently!:rolleyes: I am also shooting this rig suppressed so recoil and bluster are not an issue.

I am a big .300 WM fan as well. For scopes, I recently tried some of the new Athlon scopes, and they are VERY impressive for the money. In fact, I swapped my Premier for the Cronus after spending a long range day with it. Will see how it holds up this weekend in another match. The Midas BTR can be had for ~500 and in my opinion is significantly better than a PST, and better than a Sightron III. If weight isn't a concern, give it a little research for this build. I have no affiliation with them, but after trying some on a leap of faith, I say snatch them up now because when people realize what they are, the price will increase quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.