***1000 YARD COLD BORE SHOT (This Saturday)****

So, does this mean that my ipmact in perfect conditions would land 6 inches to the right of center on my target ?

What program are you using ? I may have to upgrade ?

I have been afraid that while hunting my ppc wouldnt boot up after all the practice .

Yep things will work to the right. I have Exbal and Loadbase 3.0 on the PPC and on my smarter phone I have a couple I don't use and then I have Shooter and Applied Ballistics. We do like Broz and all of use have each others data locked in so if something goes down were GTG, early on I had no redundency in my system now I have all kinds of stuff and if all fails I take it to them or come back when I have my act together :D
I leave Spin and Coriolus on all the time, really don't need it till your start getting way out but I tend to forget things so leaving it on lets me just do everything the same for any yardage and every shot.

Jason, TYPO..... "three" should have be "there". Thats what happens when you have old eyes and try to do posts on a phone with small type.:rolleyes:

It sounds like you have the same version I have. It has been too long since I messed with an Iphone.

On my Droid Razer:

Start the program up at the main page. Top of page will say "Select Weapon Profile". You will have a list of guns you have entered or came installed. On my phone there is a button at the bottom of the phone, (on the phone not the bullet flight screen) that has three parallel lines. That is what I am calling the "menu" button. When I touch that button a set of boxes pop up from the bottom of the screen; "New", "Modify", "Utilities", "Options". Press "Modify"; a box will pop up that asks "Edit" "Delete". Select "Edit". A screen will appear that will have boxes to enter sight height, click value, click unit and twist. It will also have a box that says "Ammo Profile". Under that it will say New, Edit, Delete. Select "Edit" and a screen will come up that allows you to input range, velocity, caliber, BC, mass, length, angle, temp, altitude, pressure, humidity.

One side note that I thought of while looking through all this. Don't forget to enter the proper measurement in "sight height". Some of the programs automatically populate that with 1.5". That is seldom correct and will mess up the solutions the program gives you. Even a 0.1 will matter. Most of my rifles have a sight height of 2.0 to 2.5", depending on the scope and rings. Use a scale a measure from the center of the bore or action to the center of the scope. I griped for years about my actual drops not matching up the the programs, much of the problem was not entering correct sight height data. For an experiment, put 1.5" in and run a chart out to 1000. Change that a 2.0" and you might be surprised at the difference.

Hope that helps with Bullet Flight. Maybe someone else with an Iphone can jump in here and answer your questions.

Thanks for taking the time to type all that up just for lil ol me! That confirms that our programs are different. I have no buttons on my phone to push. I have modify, save, and delete. There is no edit anywhere. Oh well it seems to work fine so far. Maybe I'll contact the makers of Bulletflight. I know what your saying about sight height. Mine is 2.0"

Thanks again!!!

Yep things will work to the right. I have Exbal and Loadbase 3.0 on the PPC and on my smarter phone I have a couple I don't use and then I have Shooter and Applied Ballistics. We do like Broz and all of use have each others data locked in so if something goes down were GTG, early on I had no redundency in my system now I have all kinds of stuff and if all fails I take it to them or come back when I have my act together :D
I leave Spin and Coriolus on all the time, really don't need it till your start getting way out but I tend to forget things so leaving it on lets me just do everything the same for any yardage and every shot.

Welp I am the only person out of all of the guys I hunt with and shoot with that carries a computer . A few times at 1000 and I believe some will be converted:).

Thanks for the info bigngreen and good to hear from you.

Broz if your following this thread it was good to have you reply . Its always a real treat to have your insite !! I was telling my father in law (MEAT HEAD) about watching a video of you shooting an antelope at about 800 yards but I couldnt find it . maybe you can direct me to it:) You shot it and the boolit just passed through it , it acted at first like it was going to bolt off but it just couldnt get the drive train to hook up. It fell backwards DRT!

So it looks like they just sell the different caliber bushings that can be used with a standard set of calipers. Several make this type of tool. I think Sinclair makes several as well. All are pretty much the same, simple to use and much cheaper then the big SSS measuring tool. Glad I got mine before they stopped making them. It truely is a great system.
Fiftydriver
why would you not shoot a freashly cleaned bore in a group to see patern for instant. I enjoy reading all yalls post and opinions i am bigbucks father in law as you may already now iam also new to this site good shooting !lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.